Love-a-Thon Mini-Challenge 2: Mix and Match

Saturday, February 18, 2017

This challenge asks for us to mash up a non-bookish hobby/passion with our bookish lives. Since I love fashion I decided to make looks based on the covers of some of the books I have read in the last year. Almost every look feature Kate Spade items (I am OBSESSED with Kate Spade. Its a sickness). Hope you like them!



The look for Sarah J. Maas' A Court of Thorns and Roses has a lot of red and black pieces to match the stunning cover and a few accessories that nod to the content of the book, particularly the matching mask necklace and earrings, referring to the cursed masks of the Spring Court. Ruffles and bows are a nod to the frivolity of the Spring Court.


I had to follow up the previous look with its sequel. The look for A Court of Mist and Fury is a little edgier than the first book, with the addition of a leather jacket and detailed heels, and chunky accessories like a belt and wrist cuff (the wrist cuff has a little wolf on it). The pendant with the star is a nod to Feyre's growing relationships with the denizens of the Night Court. 


This look for Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland has sunny details like the tea party inspired jewellery, the daisy clutch that evokes the beginning of the Disney animated film, and a dress and headband fit for Alice herself. 


 I read Marissa Meyer's Heartless around New Years so I went with a warmer look with this plaid flannel dress and felt hat, black tights would be welcome too! 


For Alexandra Bracken's Passenger I matched a sea-green dress with a camel wool coat, oxfords and a matching leather bag. The dainty bracelet with a compass charm is a nod to Nicholas Carter and to the mysterious astrolabe. This look is my favourite. 



And last but not least is this look devised for Sophie Jordan's Reign of Shadows. I just finished this book last week and I enjoyed it enormously! I had fun trying to find clothes in rich jewel tones to match the stunning cover.


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Cute outfits!! I have Heartless on my TBR list for this year. I can't wait to read it. #LoveAThon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Once you read Heartless let me know what you think of it!

      Delete
  2. OMG I completely share your Kate Spade obsession! Her cute designs are quite the addiction! And I absolutely love that mask in your ACOTAR collage! It's so beautiful! The Alice and Heartless dresses are quite lovely too! And I'm so glad you included Reign of Shadows! I loved that book so much but I don't hear about it often. I'm looking forward to reading the second book soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky enough to get a few Kate Spade goodies for Christmas, including the star pendant from the Court of Mist and Fury look I made. LOL the reason I read Reign of Shadows was because you talked about it in one of your videos!! I really loved it and I am itching to go and buy Rise of Fire!

      Delete
  3. This is awesome! I love the Heartless match-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Isn't the heart patch perfect? I can see it put on the black bucket bag!

      Delete
  4. I love this! I actually go on a site called Polyvore when I'm in need of a Halloween costume. I know that sounds strange but I love the idea of taking modern clothes and becoming a modernized version of a book/anime/cartoon character. I've used it to dress up as Link (Legend of Zelda) for Comic-Con one year, and I used it last year to dress up as The Mad Hatter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not strange at all! I totally get it! I also use polyvore as inspiration for cosplay and halloween. My go to cosplay at conventions is Amy Pond. I was Clara Oswald this halloween but no one knew who I was :( Have you seen any of the Disney Bound outfits? I am sure you'd love them! http://disneybound.co

      Delete
  5. Your collages are awesome! And I'm a total Kate Spade fan as well. She has the most adorable stuff, and I'm constantly wanting to buy ALL OF THE THINGS :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I love Kate Spade so much I was in the store in Toronto recently and it was such a struggle not to buy anything!

      Delete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe