Potter Month- Harry Potter Snacks

Saturday, July 30, 2016



In anticipation of the release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, Super Space Chick and The Nerdy Girlie are currently hosting a Potter Month, and being such a Potterhead myself I decided to contribute!

To take my mind off waiting for the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tonight I am throwing a Harry Potter party for my boyfriend and I complete with themed snacks!

First off, for my Harry Potter day I need to have an appropriate outfit. I chose this mustard coloured tank top from American eagle with some leggings and my Gryffindor socks I picked up at Primark while I was in Oxford (see http://littleredsreadingblog.blogspot.ca/2016/07/potter-month-oxford-school-of-wichcraft.html). 

To top it off I put my Pandora lion head charm on a chain to wear as a necklace. My parents bought the charm for me for my birthday to commemorate going to Oxford last summer.

Why does the lion represent Oxford you may ask. Well, in addition to loving Harry Potter I am also a big fan of C.S. Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia. C.S. Lewis, and J.R.R. Tolkien, went to and taught at Oxford. When I saw the little lion with a crown it reminded me so much of Aslan


For my little party I decided to make chocolate frogs and butterbeer cupcakes and I surrounded them with some Bertie Botts Every Flavoured Beans. I bought a frog mold and chocolate pieces from the Bulk Barn and I set them out next to a chocolate frog box from the Wizarding World of Harry Potter which my brother gave to me. For the butterbeer cupcakes I used this recipe that I found on pinterest http://www.sugarandsoul.co/2015/12/harry-potter-butterbeer-cupcakes-recipe.html. I decided to change it up a little bit by putting globs of red, green, yellow or blue icing underneath the white icing and topped it with a sorting hat I made from fudge (for a tutorial watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4kW767Kal68). The cupcakes are so delicious I might bring the rest with me tonight when I go to the midnight release at my local bookstore. 

Luckily for me my sorting cupcake matched my outfit: Gryffindor! Officially I was sorted into Hufflepuff by Pottermore but I’ve always wanted to be a Gryffindor. Mainly to be in the same house as Harry, Ron, and Hermione but also because of Ginny Weasley. I have always felt a connection to Ginny. We both have red hair and freckles and come from a large family (I am one of 5 kids).

I added the butter extract I got for the cupcakes to some gold coloured cream soda for Butterbeer. The butter flavour was too overpowering so I advise only using a very small amount (I used 1/8 of a teaspoon and it was still too much!) 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe