Rock My TBR Book and Song Tag

Sunday, June 05, 2016



1. Smells like Teen Spirit (Nirvana)- A Contemporary I want to read:
After you by Jojo Moyes. I read Me Before You in anticipation of the movie coming out this summer and I just loved it. The sad ending left a lot of unanswered questions for me so I am planning to read the sequel to see how Lou and her family are coping after Will. 



2. Shut Up and Dance (Walk to the Moon)- Most Anticipated Book You Have:
The most anticipated book I have yet to finish is Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch. I have been hearing good things about it so I bought it just to see what the big deal was about. I am almost done reading and it is great so far!



3. Centuries  Remix (Fall Out Boy)- A Twist on a Classic or Fairy Tale:
The Lunar Chronicles are based on Cinderella, Little Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, and Snow White respectively and while I have finished the series I have yet to read Stars Above, which is a collection of stories about the characters from the books. 



4. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robot (The Flaming Lips)- A Science Fiction book or a book set in the future:
Another book I’ve heard of with a lot of hype is the dystopian book the Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I don’t know much about it other than it is dystopian and not fantasy, and that society is divided into two classes, red and silver, based on blood. Should be interesting!



5. She Looks so Perfect (5 Seconds of Summer)- A book with a girl on the cover:
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Maas. The latest instalment in the Throne of Glass series which I will read once I am done re-reading the previous books. 



6. Africa (Toto)- A book set in a foreign country:
Passenger by Alexandra Bracken. I am not sure where it is set other than it is a book about time travel. As a classicist, I would like to go back in time just as much as I would like to travel! 


7. Another One Bites the Dust (Queen)- A book or books that will complete a series: 

8. Someone New (Hozier)- A Book by an author you haven’t read yet:
Again I will say Truthwitch by Susan Dennard. I picked up her book based on what I have heard. 


9. Hello (Adele)- A book you weren’t in the mood for at the time:
Again I will say the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas. It wasn’t that I wasn’t in to them, I just didn’t have enough time to read them through while I was still in grad school. Now that I am done school I will be reading them more closely. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe