Book Courtship Tag

Saturday, June 18, 2016


1. Initial Attraction: A book you bought because of the cover- City of Bones. It was December 28th 2007, I got a gift card to Chapters for Christmas.  Since I got the books I asked for as presents, I was looking for something new. I saw the cover for City of Bones and I was drawn in by the design (*cough* and maybe the bare chest). I absolutely loved it and I have been hooked by Cassandra Clare ever since. 


2. First Impressions: A book that you got because of the summary- Cinder. I had gone to my local bookstore looking for a book to take my mind off things (my childhood dog had passed away and my boyfriend had broken up with me). One of the employees of the store asked if they could help me and I said I was looking for something new and she suggested Cinder. I read the summary and I was very interested and the book was amazing. Immediately when I was finished I gave it to my sister to read.  I've got to spread the love!




3. Sweet Talk: A book with great writing- Jane Eyre. I am a big period drama fan. I have watched every film/television version of Pride and Prejudice, and the rest of Jane Austen’s classics, and I have a ranking of which I like best. I also love the Brontes as much as I love Austen. After watching the BBC’s latest Jane Eyre adaptation (the 2006 miniseries with Toby Stephens and Ruth Wilson) I was so in love with the story I went to the library to get the book for even more intimate scenes between Jane and Mr. Rochester.  Jane Eyre is beautifully written I just love it. I even have a Jane Eyre journal I have filled with my favourite quotes from the book and sketches of the characters. 


4. First Date: A first book of a series which made you want to pursue the rest of the series- Wicked Lovely. Really I could use my answers above, that my initial liking for City of Bones made me a fan of the Mortal Instruments (and Infernal Devices and Dark Artifcaes!) and Cinder made me a fan of the Lunar Chronicles. Here I will say that Wicked Lovely started me off with Melissa Marr’s series of the same name. I have always loved books about faeries and this series has become a favourite of mine. When I started the series I was in art class and did a series of paintings based on the books. 


5. Always on my mind: A book that you could not stop thinking about- Harry Potter. Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone was the book that got me interested in reading when I was 11 years old and the series has remained my absolute favourite book series of all 16 years later. Whenever my friends and family are in doubt of what t get me for my birthday or Christmas they will resort to a Harry Potter themed present (which I always love! Last Christmas my sister gave me handmade Harry Potter ornaments). Harry Potter has had a big influence on my life and it will always be on my mind! 


6. Getting physical: A book in which you love the way it feels- Alanna the First Adventure. As much as I love the way hardcovers look, nothing beats the feel of a paperback you can easily carry in your purse or under your arm. The summer I discovered Tamora Pierce I was 12 and I had one of her paperback books under my arm constantly. 


7. Meeting the parents: A book you would recommend to your friends and family- Wild Magic. I always make a point of recommending Tamora Pierce’s books to my friends and they always love them. Although Wild Magic is not the first of her books set in Tortall, it is the first in the Immortals Quartet and it still introduces the readers to Alanna and her friends. 



8. Thinking about the future: A book or series that you know you will reread many times in the future- Again Harry Potter. I have reread the series numerous times and I plan to continue doing so! Especially now that Harry Potter and the Cursed Child is coming out so soon. I am making plans to go to one of the midnight release parties with some friends. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe